15mph westerly

clouds 1st march '16

Strange colour for clouds… I was testing out a re-inked ribbon and I forgot to switch the lever. I re-inked because it’s a silk ribbon, and was in perfect condition apart from being bone dry. The black ink has revamped the red half to make this brownish colour, which I am quite happy with, as you just can’t get colour ribbons in the UK unless you want to pay through the nose. Also happy to have a silk ribbon too.

How did I re-ink? Like this. It’s messy. But it came out quite even on this ribbon and I don’t seem to have any splodgy spots.

Revolution Hairslide

waiting&fixing

Adana 18pt sans serif
Adana 18pt sans serif
take one broken hairslide and some sugru...
take one broken hairslide and some sugru…

I only had black left this morning and so the type on this one is sending out a subliminal message. I’ll have to get some vibrant colours and revolutionise some more hairslides… And anything else I can stick the stuff to.

typing for harlequin creature!

from the Adler Tippa S, SCM Classic 12 6cpi, the Silver Top Corona Sterling and Adler Tippa.
from the Adler Tippa S, SCM Classic 12 6cpi, the Silver Top Corona Sterling and Adler Tippa.

check out harlequin creature I love what they do, (and if you are up for it and able, sign up for one of their typing bees!) and am grateful to Richard Polt for pointing me in their direction. In fact I am really still quite stunned that my submission was successful, as there are so many wonderful typewriter artists out there. Now, must get on and get the day’s typing done!

Mackle* your bag better

*Mackle – vb. to mend in a botchy but successful manner.zip fix1Lettera 32 bag was sporting a hanging zip on one side. So I mackled it better.

Zipper now goes back onto the teeth using cut as entry point.
Zipper now goes back onto the teeth using cut as entry point.
Sew a stopping point into place with a big needle and strong thread.
Sew a stopping point into place with a big needle and strong thread.
Done that bit.
Done that bit.

The zipper was misbehaving further up the line too, with 2 old rips to the teeth. For this, I got out the Sugru.

zip fix8

Extra big blob.
Extra big blob.

I was probably a bit over-generous with the Sugru on that bit, but it works. The bag is now a functioning Letttera 32 carrier. Proper mackled job. Now we can gad about town.

Making something for nothing.

raku1

Our family efforts! The slightly yellowish figures had more grit in the clay.
Our family efforts! The slightly yellowish figures had more grit in the clay.

raku2

The nest before the fire was built on top.
The nest before the fire was built on top.
The fire is close to the water's edge. For fuel we used mostly dead gorse. Very combustible, and yes, we got some prickles!
The fire is close to the water’s edge. For fuel we used mostly dead gorse. Very combustible, and yes, we got some prickles! Serious face. Fire tending is a serious business!
Find your ceramics in the ashes!
Find your ceramics in the ashes!
Little creatuers cooling off.
Little creatuers cooling off.

26:05:15FiredRabbitFor the eyes on these creatures, we used the cut end of a dried stalk of grass. If you do try this, remember to leave your clay-work to completely dry out before firing. Drying can take anywhere between 2 days and a week depending on size. Larger pieces should be hollowed out, but these were small enough to remain solid.